Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chemo Tomorrow Morning


So I'm feeling really good today. I guess I finally had the chance to experience what normally happens by the 3rd week after chemo. I've had about a week of feeling like myself...in the beginning of the week I was a bit tired but by the end of this week, I'm running around doing errands. (Wow, New Leaf downtown now has a hot food aisle and I got to purchase some of the kind of food I'm eating now, hot and ready to eat! Quinoa, black beans, sautéed kale with garlic, chunks of marinated tofu. Yum!) I also saw clients on Sunday and it felt so good to spend some time out of the house.

I'm finally off of the antibiotics. Now I'm just pumping the probiotics, digestive enzymes and getting acupuncture and Chinese herbs for my immune system and for colitis.

I found a bunch of recipes I forgot I had from days gone by from one of the many times I've been on a wheat free, dairy free, egg free diet. For example, there's this yummy, creamy sauce I used to make out of tofu that they served at a Vegetarian restaurant down in Hermosa Beach. I can't remember the name...Miriam? What's the name of that restaurant again? That was a great restaurant.

I'm a bit nervous about having to go through chemo again starting tomorrow (9:30am) but if I get that week of feeling good again like last time, I know I can handle it. Having a chemo like I did last time, even though I went into neutrapenia, gave me hope and the feeling like I can do this. So 2 more rounds of the A & C and then 3 or 4 rounds of the T. Piece of cake! (oh sure.)

So I just wanted to give you all an update and I may be in hibernation for the next few days and over the weekend. But if I can come up for air, I'll post a few lines here to let you know how I'm doing. I might even be high again tomorrow when I get home (like last time) and then maybe you'll get a screen-full.

No comments: