Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chemo is Nasty and Brutal

If I ever needed anything to break through the very last shreds of my denial I got it this week. The diagnosis I've been given is so surreal that many times I've been kinda not believing this is really happening to me. Well, until I got chemo. Horror of all horrors. How am I going to get through another 4 treatments? All those questions came up that have been bubbling under the surface: why me? why this? why now?

Anyway, I made it through and am grateful to know I won't be doing that again for a couple of weeks. Two weeks to recuperate. And truthfully, it's good to know that the worst of it is pretty much over after 5 or 6 days.

Tomorrow's day 7 and I'm still a bit nauseous, tired, weary, and vulnerable. But I'm actually thinking I can see my clients tomorrow. I have 3 with a break in between the first and second. Unbelievable.

So that's your update for now.

No comments: