Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Over the Hump

I'm feeling better today though not back to myself. The nausea is better and potatoes, pears, rice, and whey protein powder are my friends. This is day 7 and last time I went through chemo, I ended up in the hospital in the wee hours of the 8th day. (Reminds me of a very good cd I recommend called, The 8th Day - look it up on itunes - it's a very good rock band made up of my rabbi's cousins.)

I'm not having some of the symptoms I had after the first chemo - which helps me see that there were signs I was going south the first time - but I thought I was having normal chemo symptoms when I wasn't. So that's been useful to see - what's normal chemo and what isn't.

I am grateful Geoff is a bull. He doesn't like me to call him that so I changed it to an ox. If the tables were switched and he was sick and I had parents who also needed me, I would just collapse. He's been so great and the kids are just thriving. He knows how to entertain them.

Nutrapenia is supposed to hit day 7 thru day 10 so I'm being extra careful what I do, what I eat, the supplements I take to keep the immune system up and functioning while I continue on with the antibiotics. Hopefully by the end of this week, my tummy will be all healed and I'll be able to get off of the antibiotics.

By the way, I really appreciate all your posts - they really make me feel like I'm some strong, uplifting, spirited, amazing woman! Of course you don't see me when I'm asking G-d why me and walking around with a sour look on my face all day from nausea. Still, it's nice to think I can be strong enough to go through all this. In my darkest hours I wonder if learning to access my strength on a deep, spiritual level is the reason I'm going through all this. But can't I learn that any other way????


No comments: