Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fantastic Result

Well, I went through total hell from my first chemo - the hospitalization included. But when I went to see my surgeon today he said my tumor has shrunk 60-70%! In his 30 years of practice, he's never seen a result like that after only one round of the chemo.

I love my surgeon - he keeps me focused on the positive. And believe me, there's still lots of negative body reactions I'm dealing with....

My friend Bailly took me shopping for head coverings today and she really helped me pick out stuff that would look good on me. I'd have been lost without her. She's my rabbi's wife, so she's quite familiar with head coverings!

Something interesting she told me is that she's not going to call me "Allison" anymore and instead will call me by my Hebrew name, Chaya. Which is so appropriate for my success in this journey - Chaya means Life!

No comments: