Sunday, May 3, 2009

Home Again

Hi Everyone,

I came home yesterday. Since I was doing so well, they couldn't keep me in the hospital! I suspect it was all your thoughts and prayers that saw me through this. When I woke up from the surgery, all I could feel was happiness - well, that and a bit of pain.

My doctor told me that I would look better than sentenced2live - at least the scars will be more symmetrical. He didn't think she had a very good surgery compared to what he's used to doing! Right now I'm just all taped up and have drains that I have to empty and measure.

I have very little pain. There's one spot under my left arm and towards the back that hurts and that's all. The pain meds just make me want to sleep all day. But it's better than feeling pain...so I take them.

Sleeping, watching TV, resting and eating. That's all my life is about right now. I feel none of the horror I thought I would, but I haven't gotten to see the scars yet either. Instead, I just feel happiness that those time bombs are gone.

Monday morning (tomorrow) I go see the surgeon and he might take out the drains.

Did you want to know what the room number was? It was 13. Death/Rebirth. Perfect.

No comments: