Monday, December 8, 2008

Chemo Postponed

First I have to let you know what I wore to see my clients yesterday! Aimee wouldn't let me out of the house without the wig. So I wore the wig with a hat over it. I thought it would be less shocking to my clients anyway.

So I am so happy to have this new oncologist. He has been incredibly responsive, warm and caring. Once he realized I haven't been able to eat for a month since I started chemo, he told me that I can't do chemo yet. I am now taking diflucan for thrush which showed up on my tongue but sometimes can take over the entire system. If I don't feel better by next week for chemo, we may have to go to surgery first.

The plan is to see a gastroenterologist tomorrow at 3pm. I haven't had a gastro doctor see me yet! None even when I was in the hospital. So we're hoping that doctor will shed more light on the CT scans that were done in the hospital that diagnosed the colitis. If that's not enough for the doctor to help me, then I may have to have a scope done to see what's going on with my stomach and why I can't eat.

So pray that the diflucan is all I need to start eating again!

No comments: